Kenny, Becky, and Micah

Our Family's Page

Friday, March 18, 2011

Motherhood

Yep. You heard me... my little boy... 11 months..just got his first hair cut!!! Thought I'd share his before and after pic :)

Motherhood is absolutely amazing. I taught infants and children for so long at daycares and preschools that I felt I would know everything and all the pieces would just come together when I had a child of my own..all those veteran moms... the ones who have grandchildren or children in schools all told me that it would be different...I thought they were wrong...but boy was I surprised! When they laid Micah in my arms the first time, I was suddenly scared to death! Gone was the feeling of "oh I've got this!" and it was replaced with doubts and worries and wonders whether I could do it or not. When his big blue eyes stared at me that first time... so full of wonder and trust. All those fears were swept away. I knew I could do it.. I'm his mother. I was made to be his mother just as he was made to be my son. 

Now, almost a year later, it's amazing looking back at his changing personality, physical appearance, and transition from a helpless newborn baby whom I was so proud that he was holding his head up so well to a pre-toddler who is walking everywhere, "reading" books aloud, and exploring everything! 

I love being a mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment